Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cafe Katz and a small gallery

 So, it is another cloudy day. I didn't have any class due to the weird schedule of the marketing class. So I have like three classes tomorrow, and apparently, two are clashing because they are on same time... So I have to make a decision. Anyways, I went to the city centre to buy the camera cap that I have lost at the fashion party. 50 DKK for freaking cap... Gosh I should have made it myself or something. But, it is true that I got a bit relieved because I couldn't carry my camera without the cap. The lense is the holy, gifted subject that should not be harmed. :)

  After buying the cap, I walked towards the square where the Cafe Norden is. That was my destination, but somehow I wanted to go to this cafe called Cafe Katz, so turned around. I went there first time in September when my mom came to visit. She was working in Black Diamond (Yes, she still had to work) and we were just walking around, looking for a place to eat lunch. Then we found this cafe, and just went in without expecting anything, but it turned out pretty well and seemed like it is quite famous amongst people. The place was very busy, and most importantly, food was absolutely fantastic. We had brunch menu, and everything was delicious. The price was also very fine, it was around 80~100 Kr, so I guess you just pay a bit more than a Big Mac menu, and enjoy a good food. hehe

   Reeeeeeed. It's very red. People gave me a weird look like 'Why is he taking a picture of post box??'
Right next to the canal.

A random... hallway... or I don't know what to call this thing.

Cafe Katz is over there! on the very left side of the picture, right next to the yellow building. The yellow building is a gallery. It had few art works which were very interesting and inspiring. I got the website's address, so if they allow me, I would like to post some of her work later.



After seeing the painting and talking to the guy at the gallery, I am now heading to the Cafe Katz. It's like... 5 steps away. Such a long walk... : p
There it is. It seems they sell really cheap coffee if you order take away. 10 KR for a cup of coffee!!! wow nice. But the thing is you never know the size. Maybe I should try it and tell you.

This is inside. It's not like a biiiig cafe, but somehow, I realized that compared to the other ones around this area, a lot people came in and it was pretty busy by the time I left. It was same when I came here last semester. I guess it's because food here is quite cheap compared to other places (around 70~110 Kr). Food here is quite good... both quality and quantity. The waiter and waitress might be a bit slow, they chat and do other things and never take your order lol But once you are successful, you get to enjoy the rich flavored food for cheap price. Today it was a bit early and I had to go to gym so I didn't eat anything. Just ordered a latte.

Prices for coffee. It's alright I guess! About the same as other cafes.

I was making plans for trip around Scandinavia. I really want to go to Stockholm, so brought a book and read it thoroughly.


  The bar. They also sell drinks... so it's like cafe/ restaurant/ bar. Well a lot of places are like this but still... I think it is nice. You can eat, drink, have fun in same place. 
   

These are some extra photos on the way back home.


Nice little street.

So.... cafe Katz. It's a wonderful place. If anyone wants to have a lunch, dinner, or drink, I highly recommend it!! Well of course I basically recommend all the places I post. So... let me know if you want to go together. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment