Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Visit the cheapest burger place in CPH

Hmm, it's monday. A lot of people started school, and I still have few days. Well, I though I had. But apparently, I don't. I went to school to find out what was wrong with the schedule chacking system, and they said it was down for few days... yea so casually. Like it doesn't really matter or something. Thanks to that, I found out that I've already missed my very first class which was LAST WEEK. And guess what my new year's resolution was. One of them was 'Do not miss any classes'. Yea why not just break the divine resolution on the very first day of class. :D NIIIICEEEE

Anywho, I did that this morning... met my dear friend Arthur, who helped me out a lot when I first came here to Copenhagen. He was my mentor, so-called a buddy in Copenhagen Business School. He had coffee, and I had coffee and a bagle. Umm nice. I always eat the wrapping paper and did it again this time. Then we just decided to meet again and have dinner. And then around 5, another Korean Sophia called me and asked me if we wanted to go to this burger place. I haven't been there for a long time (like 3 weeks or something :p) so just went there.


If you are traveling in CPH, I think you should check it out. It's very centrally located in the city area. Easiest way to go there is to get off at the Nørreport Station, and then go towards the shopping street, and then you turn right at the corner where this small shop called 'Bing Bong' is. And if you walk a bit furthur ahead, then you will see this nice little square.


<-- One of my favorite spot in CPH. It is really nice, and has a lot of restaurants and cafes around it.
Our destination is not in this picture. It's a bit furthur to the left. And if you keep left, and proceed, you will see the sign that says
'Peder Oxe'.






The entrance. Then there are two entrances, and if you want cheap burger, then go down. When you enter, you have to find your seat first which is like a nightmare. It's like a war between all the people waiting, and you can literally feel their anxiety and soul-sucking moan to get a seat. So what is my advice?


Avoid going to this place around 6~7pm. Either you go early like 5, or you go late like after 8. In between... when everyone eats their dinner, it won't work unless you're good at pushing people away and giving them scary look. :p























So if you got the seat somehow, go to the bar at the entrance to order. Make sure you bring your silverwears from the bar.
The burger is only 35 DKK on Monday, and it usually cost something like 90 DKK or more on other days. If you order beer, it is only 25 DKK and the whole thing costs only like 60 DKK. Now that is a real deal. :) If you could find anywhere else in CPH you can have 'good' dinner and beer with that price, just tell me. I wanna know more. Until then, this is the best place to have a monday dinner out.



The burger, right here, ready to be eaten. yum

It looks kinda small in the picture, but actually it is quite filling. You won't regret it. The meat is very well cooked, about medium, and the bread itself is also fantastic. And they serve it with potatoes, tomatos, cucumbers, beans, and the white brocoli looking thingy (I'm not sure what that is) in mustard sauce.
35 Kroner for this... you shouldn't miss it I think.

So to summurize,
Pros- REALLY CHEAP, tasty, centrally located
Cons- You might have to wait a bit long during dinner time like 6~7pm, people might be watching you or standing next to you to look for seats. But it all pay off with the holy burger. :)



So yea, that was my first posting on this blog. Hope you enjoyed the short tour of the Peder Oxe. I will post some good cafes around town soon. Now, I have to get ready for school. My first class. Well actually the first one that I am 'attending'..... goodness wish me a luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment