Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Livingroom Cafe, and Frikadella at my place

   The Living room cafe. Sounds really ... cozy. It's a place with bunch of comfy sofas so you could lie down, lean on the wall, and just sit in any position you can think of. Just like what you do in your living room. :) So I would like to share my story with the cafe livingroom.


  Snow was still there. grrrrrrrrrrrrr........... anywho I am therefore, taking the bus. Don't want to stumble in front of everyone with my bike... so. haha


Frederiksberg Alle covered with snow. Somehow I've never been to this area before I moved in... and I think it will look way much cooler when it is all green with all the trees.

I love these signs for bus. Colorful objects always make me excited. Anyways, the thing I love about CPH is that you can just go anywhere all day long, even during late night because of the very nice, passenger-friendly bus system with night bus. They all have this "N" with their numbers on the signs. 93N is the one that runs the same or similar route to 26.

Here I am. The city centre. The road is really nasty with all the grey-colored snow... shit that's not pretty. lol So, the cafe livingroom is very close from the place you see in the picture. Just in case, I am kindly putting up a hand made map for your convenience. :D

Hope this thing makes sense. So, in the previous picture I am standing where the arrows start. Except that I am facing backward... So you go along with the little road, until you reach a street called Larsbjørnsstræde. Then turn right, and if you go straight from there, it is on the left hand side at the first intersection.

On the way to the cafe. If you see the yellow house at the little intersection, you are there. Livingroom is just right across from it.
Tada~~~~~~ here it is.

This is not the cafe, it is the building that you see when you walk out of the cafe, but I really liked the strong contrast of the street sign and the apricot-yellow wall of the building. Color... nice blended color of all the buildings and its harmony. mmm BEA--utiful. Anywho, let's go inside to this cozy livingroom cafe.


It has two floors, and the entrance is in between the floors. Up, there is the bar, or the counter whatever you call it, and down there is the lounge with a fireplace and bunch of comfy sofas and chairs. We are going to find a seat, and then come upstairs to order. Gosh,......... fullllllllllllllllll

Those people never want to take their asses off the freakin' chairs. I know that. Well... of course I would do the same..... but you know, I am such an egocentric person. When I do it, it is okay and when others do it it is jsut insane. In Korean we have a saying, that goes "If I cheat on my lover it is a romance, if you cheat on your lover it is adultery". Yea, just like that..... Gosh I'm such a bad person. lol  But fortunately Sophia found a seat deeper down at this cave-looking place. Now they have gone up to order. Vicky and I had already ordered so we stayed. But this is how it looks like upstairs.

Jeg vil gerne have en cafe au lait... :) Tak skal du have.

As you walk down after you order, you will see that there is another seat right by the entrance. I really really really want that lamp in my room... the one that bends and shines above your head. And maybe I will have a really comfy relaxing chair that you can almost lie down and read... ahh that sounds so good. haha I will cut the crap. But this is the kind of things that I always think about when I see something attractive like that.

Wall decoration by the staircase. Interesting painting.

And to the downstairs. Don't really know what all those brouchers are about. But it looks good.

The light downstairs is very dim, so it is hard to take photos.


More shots of the basement. It's quite dark. But in real life it is much better than how it looks on photo. :)
So, yea... Cafe livingroom... is really like a living room. I really wanted to sit by the fireplace... maybe next time. My dear friend Arthur works just down the street like 3 mins so maybe I could go with him after his work is done or something.

So after this, Vicky, Sophia, Ji-hye, Tae-woo and I decided to go to my place for dinner. I really hesitated because my room was such a mess and it was like someone turned it upside down so that every stuff just fall on the floor. Ummmm ...yes, let's go... I finally said yes. And then when we got here I just had to keep them in the kitchen until my cleaning was done. haha... Anywho. We made frikadella with minced meat and some potatoes well baked potatoes. YUUUM

Everyone is gathered in my kitchen and making lovely meatballs. :) 
Vicky and Tae-woo. Mmmm I can almost smell the food just by looking at this photo. They made it really well and it tasted awesome.

Finiiished! Doesn't it look nice. It's like our own little restaurant. haha... and it was just fantastic with the nice gravy of the meat and its combination with the potatoes.  

Can you taste it? : p

So it was a very nice evening... the cafe and the dinner... everything was great about today. Nice cafe... nice food. Nice people. More things to post on my blog. How great is that. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment